October 08, 2007

Green Rush

Being born in a family that moved very often gives one the luxury of exploring the beauty of the place and those nearby. On one such occasion, I was blessed to visit this unexplored town called Valparai. Lying on the border of Tamil Nadu, which is in the Southern part of India, this heaven of sylvan setting seemed to me, my Paradise Found!



Here's my tribute to a heaven called Valparai.










Green Rush

(July 2, 2007. ed Oct 8'07)



Away from swarms of relentless metrozens,

Like a Zorro, hiding in altitudes high,

I knew I’d found a cluster of heavens,

When my eyes caught sight of Valparai.

Unknown from acquaintance lays the hamlet

Like a boy in a game of catch,

There is no known precedent

To seemingly ubiquitous green rush.

Soakin’ in the spectacular marvel of the setting

I felt like being born for the first time!

The wonderment left me numb

Could hear a merry rustle and many a jolly song

Running through long green tea beds

As if there was no tomorrow,

Don’t recall cautioning about banal skids.

A thought arose - Is this salvation to many a woe?

Next morn, I awoke to Whistling schoolboy's sweet twitter

Glistening dewdrops shone like diamonds, my, my;

I reckoned heaven is now, it is here.

At the green rush called Valparai.


5 comments:

Deepti said...

M completely enthralled! wat more do u need?

Eli Carlos Vieira said...

"When my eyes caught sight of Valparai"
It's love for the very first viewing!
I'm really loving to know this side of you: perfect words that translate emotions, facts and places!
As I said once, it's the most close I can be to, when I read about paradises that is away from me!
Thank you dear for these kinds of emotions! I love it!

cheers
:-]

Eli Carlos Vieira said...

in time...

I loved this new look of your avenue!!It's really remind something like "to travel"...
More sweet and calm to visit!Good choice of colors!
Nice 2 b here
:-]

atul said...

hey i think i ve read this before n am glad u shared it here..
i say it again- ur choice of describin this simple,small town inspite of ur varied travel experience is what i find d most notable thing abt this write.."making a simple thing look special is creativity"..beautiful write..

Unknown said...

as always loved it.. the title was one i did relate .. u know this was the poem or rather title which fomented my hail to thee.. @ orkut.