December 07, 2008

Road to Solace

The road to solace is a messy one,
Strewn with pieces of my memories,
Heart lays invisible beneath
Shadows of fear, of uncertain lives.

Picking up shreds, I try to hold together,
Those smiles and happy times,
When I hopped along dancing waves,
Running into a drove of pecking pigeons.

As I sift through my collection, I recollect,
Many a wide open faces, in sheer marvel
At a structure of splendour, a display effect
Architecture had inspired in every cell.

Now as I mend the torn fragments,
A pain shoots up to my eyes,
But a heat of resurrection overtakes,
Sweeping aside all despair, all sighs.

But a larger doubt still looms large,
Will a billion be bluffed and bullied again-
In to the contrived make belief?
Or will it be the rising of a populace,
For righting the errors of a century?

I wish to smell a frequent scent of peace, see a happy face,
For without, it is still half way on the road to solace.

Divya Rao
December 7, 2008

1 comment:

Eli Carlos Vieira said...

“But a heat of resurrection overtakes”

Oh, dear! It’s nice to return to this avenue and find you there, in your words!
I’m really sorry by my always running life, but good friends I never forget.
Kisses, always!

eLi
:-]